Too High to Get it Right
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Too High to Get it Right

The message board for TooHighToGetItRight.com, dedicated to the Ontario stoner rock scene.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum still up?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VeeSpade

Forum still up? Empty
PostSubject: Forum still up?   Forum still up? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:53 am

Hey everybody cheers

Just joined and just landed in Toronto...

Been searching for some local stoner/doom forums and as I see found the one,
but seems that last post is from about several months ago...

Sooo...
Anyone out there? scratch
Back to top Go down
Gruesome Greg
Admin
Gruesome Greg

Forum still up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum still up?   Forum still up? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 pm

This is the closest thing you'll find to a "local stoner/doom forum" for Toronto. And no, it's not really in use anymore. Likewise, there isn't much of a "stoner/doom scene" round here nowadays. That being said, if there are any gigs coming up, I'll post 'em here: http://toohightogetitright.com/shows.html

If it's not on my list, then the gig's so underground that I've never heard of it. Anyways, where you from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toohightogetitright.com
VeeSpade

Forum still up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum still up?   Forum still up? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Came from Greece man.Looking to stay here in Toronto.

Thanks for your reply, and I feel sorry that it's dying man...

Thing is, I was looking to make some connections and/or some friends here cause I'm alone here, and I don't know anybody or anyplace, though I found some bars from some posts you had in the SHOWS section...

Great page anyways.
Back to top Go down
Gruesome Greg
Admin
Gruesome Greg

Forum still up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum still up?   Forum still up? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Well, it is what it is. I've been hanging around this town too long; most of the bands I was into when I started this site back in '07 have either broken up, or don't play more than a couple gigs a year nowadays. There's quite a few tours that come through Toronto, big city that it is, but plenty of U.S. bands can't cross the border, so I've been heading down to the States for a lot of gigs lately, or so it seems.

Anyways, there aren't any big name stoner/doom gigs booked at the moment (unless you count The Body, which is an all-ages Sunday matinee), but I'm gonna hit up at least one of these 27 upcoming Gypsy Chief Goliath gigs within the next month, and I probably will check out The Body gig, even though it's way out in the bowels of Parkdale. If you see a dude with a ginger beard wearing a WEED METAL hat, come up and say hey.

afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.toohightogetitright.com
VeeSpade

Forum still up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum still up?   Forum still up? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Well as long as the sound's good I don't really care about big names man,
just the music Wink

I'll try to go to some and if I see the hat I'll be sure
to do so Wink

Thanks again man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum still up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum still up?   Forum still up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum still up?
Page 1 of 1