Too High to Get it Right
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Too High to Get it Right

The message board for TooHighToGetItRight.com, dedicated to the Ontario stoner rock scene.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LOCAL BANDS PLEASE READ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gruesome Greg
Admin
Gruesome Greg

LOCAL BANDS PLEASE READ Empty
PostSubject: LOCAL BANDS PLEASE READ   LOCAL BANDS PLEASE READ EmptyMon May 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Okay, so if you've had a chance to check out the playlists from past episodes, you've probably noticed that I play a lot of local content on my show. Even if you've never sent me a CD, there's a chance that I've played a song of yours. Here's how I do it:

Every week, I take a look at the concert listings on http://www.toohightogetitright.com/shows.html and make note of bands that are playing live in between the current and upcoming episodes. While I might not play something from every single band on a week when there's several concerts, due to the constraints of a two-hour timeslot, I will try to get songs from 4-5 bands in each week, to let the listeners know who they can check out that weekend and give them an idea what (insert band name here) sounds like. This is where I might play songs from a band's Myspace page if I don't have a CD of theirs. Please note that I'd much prefer CDs, as they are of higher quality and are much easier to deal with, and I will not take requests for a song that's only available on Myspace.

Now, if you do have music recorded on CD, and would like me to play it, then by all means, send it to me. As long as you play stoner rock, doom metal, etc. and aren't just some death metal band that smokes a lotta pot, I will be happy to give you some airplay. And if you send me a CD that's brand-spankin'-new, fresh-from-the-presses, I might even ask you to do an interview and/or hang out with me in the studio. But, like I said, that would be for new releases only. Consider it a World Radio Premiere, of sorts.

So, in conclusion, there are two ways to get your music on Smokin' Green:

1) Play lotsa shows
2) Send me music (especially new stuff)

Please note that I do not take requests for local music on my show, so don't bother requesting your own stuff, or getting your fans to do it. I do not want to play the same bands on every episode, and I'd like to stick with music that's fresh and current. Feel free to request your favourite Down or Black Sabbath tunes, or challenge me by requesting an obscure Pagan Altar track, but requests for local bands will be ignored. If they're actively performing live and producing new material, you will definitely be able to hear them on my show.

Any further questions, feel free to ask. This topic will remain unlocked in order for you to do so. afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.toohightogetitright.com

LOCAL BANDS PLEASE READ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Too High to Get it Right :: Music :: Smokin' Green-
Jump to: